- Eric Lanlardhas designed a bespoke series of afternoon teas for Virgin Atlantic
- New Afternoon Tea will launch at the London Heathrow Clubhouse this month, followed byUpper Class, Premium and Economy cabin editionslate summer 2018New Delhi, May 16, 2018: Virgin Atlantic is announcing a brand new partnership with celebrity chef and masterpâtissier Eric Lanlard. Eric hascreateda series of bespoke afternoon teasfor the London Heathrow Clubhouse and for Upper Class, Premium, and Economy cabins on all day flights worldwide. Customers can now avail this service on DEL – LON flights.
Starting this month Eric Lanlard will be bringing his award winning culinaryexperience to the Virgin Atlantic Heathrow Clubhouse,served afternoon tea between3pm and5.30pm daily. This latest addition to the Clubhouse menu can be enjoyed with a pot of tea or Lanson rose champagne and will be served on a bespoke stand filled with items including:
- Prosciutto, sunblushed tomato and rocket on a stone baked Campagne brown roll
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill mint mini croissant
- Broccoli, goat’s cheese and cress savoury tart
- Homemade plain and sultana scones with strawberry preserve, lemon and clotted cream
- Eton mess verrine with strawberry coulis
- Apple and blackberry cake
- Dark chocolate brownie with salted caramel sauce
Customers across all three of Virgin Atlantic’s cabins will also get the chance to sample Eric’s signature afternoon tea when flying on day flights. Launching in late summer, the 38,000ft high tea will feature handmade sandwiches, scones and an assortment of macarons. Eric will be trialling the onboard high tea on a special test flight this April in order to hone the perfect menu for each cabin.
Daniel Kerzner, VP of Customer Experience at Virgin Atlantic commented:
“Virgin Atlantic is famous for its award winning food and drink, and this year we’re taking that reputation to new heights.We’re excited to work with Eric Lanlard and introduce a fresh take on afternoon tea to our Heathrow Clubhouse from April, and onboard our flights from late summer. It’s the first time that Eric has partnered with an airline, and I think our customers are going to love it.”
Eric Lanlard, Master pâtissiercommented:
“I am very excited about this new partnership and can’t wait to combine my passion for baking with air travel. And who better to do it with than a fun, dynamic and iconic brand such as Virgin Atlantic. We’re on a mission to own afternoon tea both in the air and on the ground atthe HeathrowClubhouse.“
Eric’s new afternoon tea joins a host of food and drinks already available to Virgin Atlantic customers. Everyone onboard all Virgin Atlantic flights are treated to two tasty meals, snacks, wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks as well as award winning inflight entertainment.
Corporate Comm India(CCI NewsVoir)